“I was a stranger and you welcomed me” – Matt. 23;35
Immigrant: Someone who has moved from their country of origin (their homeland) to another country, to become a citizen of that country. Just visiting a country, even to work for a few months, does not make you an immigrant. Immigrants are people who live permanently somewhere other than their homeland.
2019 donation envelopes are now available! If you have signed up for donation envelopes, please pick up your box of 2019 envelopes from the front pew. If you would like to start using donation envelopes, please contact the parish office. (535-3031)
Sunny is such a blessing to our community! What a joy to see so many people come together to celebrate the 90th birthday of such a wonderful woman. Thank you to all those who made it such a special celebration. Happy Birthday, Sunny!!
The St Ann Parish Retreat is on Saturday February 23rd. This exciting parish event is free, and childcare will be available! Come join us as we come together as a community to be a “sanctuary of love.” There will be sign up sheets after both Masses starting this weekend. All are welcome!!
“Three members of the Orellana family, who came to Spokane from El Salvador in 1985 and lived in sanctuary at St. Ann’s Catholic Church, sat in the front row for the Oct. 24 ceremony at the Vatican in Rome canonizing the martyred Archbishop Oscar Romero as a saint.”
Here is a link to the article in The Fig Tree about three St Ann parishioners!
* Saturday, January 12th – 90th Birthday Celebration for Sunny! Party in the parish hall following the 3:00 PM Mass.
* Monday, January 21st – Parish office closed for Martin Luther King, Jr Day
* Saturday, January 26th – Parish Council meeting
* Sunday February 3rd – Liturgy Committee meeting in the Rompa Center at 10:00 AM (following the 9:00 AM Mass)
* Saturday, February 23rd – Parish Retreat!!
* Saturday, March 2nd – Parish Mardi Gras Celebration following Mass
* Wednesday, March 6th – Ash Wednesday 7:00 PM Mass
The St Ann Community has been invited to the Kiwanis Club 21st Annual Civic Theatre Fundraiser, on February 13, 2019, tor a benefit performance of “You Can’t Take it with You.” The evening begins at 6:30 PM with a hosted wine, hors d’oeuvres, and dessert reception and the curtain goes up at 7:30 PM. Tickets are just $35. Please contact parishioners Anne and Gary for more information about tickets!
Facebook event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2484010868280318/