* Sunday, December 2nd – 1st Sunday of Advent
* Weekend of December 8th & 9th – Second Collection (This collection will directly help parishioners who could use a little extra financial support during the holidays. We appreciate your generosity in advance!)
* Sunday December 16th – Reconciliation service at 10:45 AM
* Saturday, December 22nd – Christmas rehearsal for the SAYM followed by cookie decorating and a movie in the Hall! 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
* Monday, December 24th – Christmas Eve! Mass will begin at 4:00 PM
* Tuesday, December 25th – Christmas Day! Mass will begin at 9:00 AM
* Monday, December 24th – Wednesday, January 2nd – Parish Offices will be closed for Christmas & New Year’s holidays.
What a wonderful time St Ann families had working together on projects to get ready for Advent! Thank you to everyone who stayed after Mass this morning for this special family project – and big thank you to Jolie for planning the projects and prayers for us all! #SAYM
The Turkey Dinner for Sunday Lunch will be November 18th, the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving. There will be a signup sheet at both Masses this weekend if you’d like to bring one of the items St. Ann’s is responsible for donating. You will need to bring them to the office next Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank you for your generosity!
St. Ann’s contributions to the Thanksgiving Sunday Lunch are:
One #10 can of green olives
One #10 can of black olives
One large jar of sweet pickles
One gallon of milk
Reminder: It will be St Ann’s turn to serve Sunday Lunch on Sunday, November 25th – All are welcome.
The Sunday Lunch program recently received $750 from Rice Bowl, a program of Catholic Relief Services, to help pay for the fire suppression system. The program were also granted $1000 from the East Spokane Kiwanis club for the same project.
With the assistance of the O’Doherty’s, the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick donated $500 for the meal program. And Thrivent Financial is donating $250 to purchase turkey roasts and other items for the Thanksgiving dinner. Congratulations to the Sunday Lunch Program!
A letter from Bishop Daly:
The US Bishops are joining together in a commitment of prayer and reparation as we gather at the Bishops’ general assembly, where we will be making critical decisions in response to the clergy sexual abuse crisis. With my brother bishops across the nation, I will be dedicating myself to seven days of intensified prayer and fasting, from Monday, November 12, through Sunday, November 18. The intentions for this period of prayer and sacrifice are three-fold:
– For the healing and support of all victims of clergy sexual abuse
– For the conversion and just punishment of the perpetrators and concealers of sexual abuse
– For the strength of the bishops to be holy shepherds in protecting and leading our sheep from all harm.
If you feel called to do so, you are welcome to join me in praying for these intentions. I
would also be grateful for any prayers for me and my brother bishops during our
general assembly, that we may follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit in responding to
the tragedy of clergy sexual abuse in the Church.
Entrusting you to the prayers of Our Lourdes Lady of Lourdes, patroness of our diocese, I remain
Most Reverend Thomas A. Daly
Bishop of Spokane
* Thursday, November 1st – All Saints Day – 10 AM Mass
* Friday, November 2nd – All Souls Day
* Sunday, November 4th – the end of Daylight Savings
* Saturday, November 10th – 3:00 pm Saturday Mass time begins, continues for the Winter months, & Parish Council meeting at 10:30 am
* Sunday, November 11th – Veteran’s Day
* Monday, November 12th – Parish Office will be closed for Veteran’s Day
*Saturday, November 18 – All Parish Faith Formation – Getting Ready for Advent! 10:45 – 11:45 AM. All Ages Welcome!
* Wednesday, November 21st – Parish Office will be closed for Thanksgiving holiday
*Thursday, November 22nd – Thanksgiving – Mass at 10:00 am
* Saturday, November 24th – Mark & Nancy’s vow renewal with a reception after the 3:00 pm Mass.
* Sunday, November 25th – Christ the King & St Ann’s turn to serve Sunday Lunch
There will be a special Mass for All Saints Day at 10:00 AM at St. Ann on Thursday, November 1st. All are welcome!
There will be a community vigil tomorrow, Tuesday, October 30th at 5:30 pm at Temple Beth Shalom – 1322 E 30th Ave Spokane, WA. 99203.
The Spokane community is invited to this vigil to grieve the loss of our brothers and sisters in the Jewish community of Pittsburgh. Join us in standing with the Spokane community to condemn bigotry and hate. All are welcome.
Statement by Temple Beth Shalom on the shooting at Tree Of Life: https://uscj.org/blog/statement-on-shooting-at-tree-of-life-congregation-in-pittsburgh